Excelsior, MN (February 8, 2011)—The insurance industry was a big winner this year, as Farmers Insurance and The Economical Insurance Group claimed the top two spots on the 2011 Training Top 125. Training magazine recognized the 2011 Training Top 125 winners with crystal awards and revealed their rankings during a black-tie gala held last night during the Training 2011 Conference & Expo at the San Diego Convention Center. Themed “The Crystal Ball,” the gala was sponsored by Ashford University, Franklin Covey, Harvard Business Publishing, KnowledgeAdvisors, Orrefors/KostaBoda, and Turning Technologies.
Now in its 11th year, the Training Top 125 is the only report that ranks companies unsurpassed in harnessing human capital. Some statistics of note:
During the gala, Training inducted two companies into the Top 10 Hall of Fame. Three-time No. 1 winner PricewaterhouseCoopers and KPMG LLP qualified for the honor by being in the Top 10 of Training’s Top 125 companies for at least four consecutive years. They will remain in the Hall of Fame for a period of no less than three years and no more than five years after which they may reapply for Top 125 awards consideration. PwC and KPMG’s induction created two opportunities for other Top 125 companies to move into the Top 10 in 2011 and beyond. This year, 27 newcomers cracked the Top 125 list.
Training also recognized the following Top 125 companies for receiving the highest scores in three application categories and overall qualitatively:
Top Training Programs/Scope Score
NCO Financial Systems, Inc.
Top Evaluation/Business Metric Score
SCC Soft Computer
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
Top Human Resources Score
Top Qualitative Score
Farmers Insurance Group
In addition, yesterday afternoon, Training editors recognized innovative and successful learning and development programs and practices utilized by the Training Top 125 winners. Best Practice and Outstanding Training Initiative winners received crystal trophies during a ceremony on the Expo Stage. They were:
Automatic Data Processing, Inc.: Leaders In Action
Farmers Insurance Group: Reserve Business Builder & Career Development System
FedEx Express: Destination Success For All (SFA)/SFA Workshop
InterContinental Hotels Group: Leaders Lounge
Oakwood Temporary Housing: Hardwiring Sales Training for Business Results
Outstanding Training Initiatives
EMD Serono, Inc.: Virtual Preceptorship
Jiffy Lube International: Evaluation & Continuous Improvement Program
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.: Accel - Retail Bank Development Program
Quicken Loans: Quicken’s Got Talent
SCC Soft Computer: Office Support Department Mentoring Program
“Training Top 125 companies realize how vital training is to their success and continue to invest in it, even in trying times,” said Lorri Freifeld, editor-in-chief of Training magazine. “Equally important, though, they maintain a laser focus on tying training to the achievement of corporate strategic goals and making sure they have the results to prove it. Congratulations to all the companies named to the 2011 Training Top 125 and to the newest inductees to the Top 10 Hall of Fame.”
The Top 125 includes ranking based on myriad benchmarking statistics such as total training budget; percentage of payroll; number of training hours per employee program; goals, evaluation, measurement, and workplace surveys; hours of training per employee annually; and detailed formal programs.
The Top 125 ranking is determined by assessing a range of qualitative and quantitative factors, including financial investment in employee development, the scope of development programs, and how closely such development efforts are linked to business goals and objectives.
Companies that wish to be considered for Top 125 ranking complete a detailed application, which is scored both quantitatively by an outside research and statistical data company and qualitatively by Training magazine editors and Top 10 Hall of Fame representatives.
For a profile of each of the Top 5 companies on the Training Top 125, additional information
about the training efforts of all 125 companies, and Top 125ers’ visions of training in the next five to 10 years, see the January/February 2011 issue. To order a copy, e-mail Gin Kujawa at firstname.lastname@example.org, or download an order form and fax it to Gin at 952-401-7899. The digital edition and individual articles can be found online at www.trainingmag.com.
About Training magazine
Training is a 47-year-old professional development magazine written for training, human resources, and business management professionals in all industries that advocate training and workforce development as a business tool. Training also produces world-class conferences, expositions, and digital products that focus on job-related, employer-sponsored training and education in the working world. Training is published by Lakewood Media Group.
2011 Training Top 125 Winners
1. Farmers Insurance
2. The Economical Insurance Group
4. SCC Soft Computer
5. The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
6. EMC Corporation
7. United States Navy
11. Edward Jones
12. Best Buy Co., Inc.
13. Shaw Industries, Inc.
14. Miami Children’s Hospital
15. Cerner Corporation
16. University of New Mexico Hospitals
17. Automatic Data Processing, Inc.
18. Mohawk Industries, Inc.
19. Chesterfield County, Virginia
20. BB&T Corporation
21. Intel Corp.
22. Aetna Inc.
23. Allied International Credit
24. McDonald's USA, LLC
25. Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD)
26. Paychex, Inc.
27. Suffolk Construction Company, Inc.
28. AlliedBarton Security Services LLC
29. American Infrastructure
30. BÖWE BELL + HOWELL
31. Quintiles Transnational Corp.
32. CarMax, Inc.
33. Jiffy Lube International
34. ESL Federal Credit Union
36. First Horizon National Corporation
37. Shape Corp
38. Wells Fargo & Company
39. Scotiabank Group
40. Miami Cerebral Palsy Residential Services, Inc.
41. Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
43. Navy Federal Credit Union
44. MetLife, Inc.
45. Western Summit Constructors, Inc.
46. ABF Freight System, Inc.
47. Keller Williams Realty
48. Healthways, Inc.
49. U.S. Security Associates, Inc.
50. SPIN, Inc.
52. EMD Serono, Inc.
53. ISP | America’s Home for College Sports
54. Cartus Corporation
55. Baptist Health Care
56. Cianbro Corporation
57. Steelcase, Inc.
58. Bank of America
59. DaVita, Inc.
60. Coldwell Banker Real Estate
61. Healthpoint LTD
63. Banner Health
64. NIIT (USA), Inc.
65. InterContinental Hotels Group
66. NCO Financial Systems, Inc.
68. Orkin, LLC.
69. Verity Credit Union
70. FedEx Express
71. Grant Thornton LLP
72. Baylor Health Care System
73. Windstream Communications
74. American Fidelity Assurance Company
75. G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc.
76. Loews Hotels
77. J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc
78. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM)
79. APC by Schneider Electric
80. Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
81. MasterCard Worldwide
82. Choice Hotels International
83. CHG Healthcare Services
84. NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
86. Century 21 Real Estate LLC
87. TD Bank
88. Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
89. William Osler Health System
90. Special Response Corporation
91. The Nebraska Medical Center
92. Tandus Flooring
93. Sanofi-aventis Pharmaceuticals
94. SuperMedia LLC
95. Gables Residential
99. Oakwood Temporary Housing
100. Lam Research Corporation
101. LQ Management, LLC
105. Morrison Management Specialists
106. IKON Office Solutions, Inc. a Ricoh Company
107. Western & Southern Life
108. Nevada Federal Credit Union
109. Discover Financial Services – Customer Service and Consumer Banking (CSCB)
110. White Lodging Services
112. McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
113. Quicken Loans
114. Naval Surface Warfare Center, Port Hueneme Division
115. Vistage International
116. WellSpan Health
117. University Health System
118. ValleyCrest Landscape Companies
119. AIT Laboratories
120. Sierra Nevada Corporation
121. Kendle International, Inc
122. Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division, Newport
123. Carilion Clinic
124. Union Sanitary District
125. AAA - The Auto Club Group
Interested in ordering Top 125 merchandise? We have pins and pens...mugs and mice...and many other commemorative items. There are also duplicate crystal awards available and bulk copies of the Top 125 Training Magazine. All items are being offered on a first-come, first-served basis.