Nominate a 2014 Emerging Training Leader Today
Training magazine is pleased to offer the 2014 Emerging Training Leaders awards program. The Emerging Training Leaders awards program aims to recognize training professionals who are relatively new to the training/learning and development industry (minimum of two years and maximum of 10 years in the field) and who have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills, business savvy, and training instincts.
Criteria for the Emerging Training Leaders awards nominations include:
- No self-nominations; nominations must come from managers, co-workers, peers/colleagues—each company can nominate ONLY 2 candidates
- Must be in the training industry for a minimum of two years but no more than 10 years
- Took on at least one new responsibility in the last year
- Successfully led a large-scale training/learning and development initiative within the last year that required management/leadership of a group of people and resulted in the achievement of a corporate strategic goal
- Demonstrates specific leadership qualities
- Has the potential to lead the Training or Learning & Development function at an organization in the next one to 10 years
Each nomination can achieve a maximum of 50 points as follows:
- Number and scope of new responsibilities (2 points)
- Training initiative (score is based on level of project difficulty/scale: 4 points; innovation of training: 5 points; results: 6 points; for a total of 15 points)
- Leadership skills utilized (15 points for usage + 15 points for quality of examples; for a total of 30 points)
- Readiness to lead the T&D function (2 points for timing and 1 point for reason(s) why; for a total of 3 points)
Training’s Top 10 Hall of Famers and Training Editor-in-Chief Lorri Freifeld will judge the nominations. Judging will take place in January and February 2014. Winners and their nominators will be notified in March 2014. Winners will be featured in the May/June 2014 print issue of Training magazine. By submitting a nomination for the Emerging Training Leaders awards program, you give Training magazine permission to publish any information not marked NFP (Not For Publication) in a profile of the nominee that would appear in the May/June issue. An awards ceremony will be held during the Training 2015 Conference & Expo in Atlanta in February 2015.
Please download the nomination form below, complete it, and e-mail it to Lorri Freifeld at:firstname.lastname@example.org by January 17, 2014. ENTRIES WILL BE JUDGED SOLELY ON THE NOMINATION FORM; PLEASE DO NOT SEND SUPPORTING MATERIALS. Please e-mail Lorri Freifeld at email@example.com with any questions.