Training magazine Announces 2014 Top 125 Winners and Hall of Fame Inductees
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Minneapolis, MN (November 18, 2013)—Trainingmagazine, the leading business publication for learning and development professionals, today announced the finalists for the annual Training Top 125, which ranks companies’ excellence in employer-sponsored training and development programs. The rankings for the 125 leading organizations will be unveiled during an awards gala February 3 during the Training 2014 Conference & Expo, to be held February 3-5 in San Diego, CA.
“Kudos to the 2014 Training Top 125 winners! They demonstrated an unrelenting focus on effective training and employee development tied to corporate strategic goals and measurable results,” said Lorri Freifeld, editor-in-chief of Training magazine. “The competition was especially strong this year as we welcomed 27 newcomers to the list. We look forward to recognizing the winners in San Diego and their achievements and best practices in the January/February 2014 issue of Training magazine.”
In addition, during the gala, Training magazine will induct Verizon and Farmers Insurance into the Training Top 10 Hall of Fame. These organizations earned spots in the Top 10 of the Training Top 125 for four consecutive years.
Now in its 14th year, the Training Top 125 ranking is based on myriad benchmarking statistics such as total training budget; percentage of payroll; number of training hours per employee program; goals, evaluation, measurement, and workplace surveys; hours of training per employee annually; and detailed formal programs. The ranking is determined by assessing a range of qualitative and quantitative factors, including financial investment in employee development, the scope of development programs, and how closely such development efforts are linked to business goals and objectives.
The 2014 Finalists for the Training Top 125 (in alphabetical order):
- Aditya Birla Minacs
- Aetna Inc.
- Afni, Inc
- Allianz of America, Inc.
- Allied International Credit
- American Fidelity Assurance Company
- American Infrastructure
- Arkansas Best Corporation (ABF)
- Automatic Data Processing, Inc.
- Bankers Life and Casualty Company and Bankers Conseco Life Insurance Company
- Baptist Health Care Corporation
- Bass & Associates, P.C.
- Baylor Health Care System
- BB&T Corporation
- Best Buy
- BigMachines, Inc.
- Birmingham Water Works
- BKD, LLP
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- BNSF Railway
- Buckman Laboratories International, Inc.
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation
- Capital BlueCross
- Capital One
- Carilion Clinic
- CarMax, Inc.
- Century 21 Real Estate LLC
- Cerner Corporation
- Chesterfield County, Virginia
- CHG Healthcare Services
- Choice Hotels International
- Christiana Care Health System
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Coldwell Banker
- ConAgra Foods, Inc.
- Consigli Construction Company, Inc.
- DEFENDER Direct
- Discover Financial Services
- Dollar General Corporation
- DPR Construction
- Economical Insurance
- Edward Jones
- EMC Corporation
- ESL Federal Credit Union
- First Data Corporation
- First Horizon National Corporation
- Florida Blue
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc.
- Gables Residential
- Health Care Service Corporation
- Healthways, Inc.
- Ho-Chunk Gaming - Wisconsin Dells
- IMG College
- Intel Corporation
- Iron Mountain Incorporated
- Jiffy Lube International
- Keller Williams Realty, Inc.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- LQ Management, L.L.C.
- Mars, Incorporated
- MasterCard Worldwide
- McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
- McDonald’s USA, LLC
- Miami Children’s Hospital
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Migros Ticaret A.S.
- Mohawk Industries, Inc.
- Mountain America Credit Union
- Nationwide Insurance
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- New York Community Bancorp, Inc.
- New York Life Insurance Company
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Northwestern Mutual
- Novo Nordisk Inc.
- One Nevada Credit Union
- Orkin, LLC
- Owens&Minor Medical Inc.
- Paychex, Inc.
- Quicken Loans Inc.
- RE/MAX, LLC
- Savvis, A CenturyLink Company
- Schmitt Sussman Enterprises dba PFP
- Shape Corp
- Shaw Industries, Inc.
- Smiths Medical
- Sonic Automotive, Inc.
- Special Response Corporation
- SunTrust Banks, Inc.
- Tandus Centiva
- TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank
- Tech Mahindra Ltd.
- The Aerospace Corporation
- U.S. Security Associates, Inc.
- University Hospitals
- University of New Mexico Hospitals
- ValleyCrest Landscape Companies
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change
- Veterans Affairs Acquisition Academy
- Vistage International
- VSP Global
- Wells Fargo & Co.
- WellSpan Health
- Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
- Western Summit Constructors, Inc.
- Western Union
- Windstream Communications
In-depth profiles of each of the top five companies will appear in the January/February 2014 issue of Training, and more information about the training efforts of all 125 finalists will appear in the issue and online at www.trainingmag.com.
For more information about the Training 2014 Conference & Expo, please visit: www.trainingconference.com.
Training magazine is the leading business publication for learning and development and HR professionals. It has been the ultimate resource for innovative learning and development—in print, in person, and online—over the last 50 years.Training magazine and Training magazine Events are produced by Lakewood Media Group.
# # #