Training Today: Evolving from Engaged to Entangled
How do organizations develop the commitment and loyalty from their employees that propel performance beyond normal to extraordinary on a daily basis? What makes one organization an award winner and another scrambling to survive? What in the organization leads employees to do the best they can?
The answer: entanglement—a phenomenon in which employee and organizational commitment to each person, system, and component of the organization is so deeply ensnared in the company’s mission, vision, values, and goals that success is the only option.? “It’s My Company Too! How Entangled Companies Move Beyond Employee Engagement for Remarkable Results” by Dr. Kenneth R. Thompson, Dr. Ramon L. Benedetto, and Thomas J. Walter with Molly Meyer features eight organizations that boast transformational leadership that has led to entanglement.? What do they say it takes to become entangled?
- Leaders who do extraordinary things
- Building an ethical organization
- Focusing all the human capital
- Using process to guide performance
- Increasing an individual’s self-efficacy
- Giving employees freedom and responsibility within a culture of discipline
- Hardwiring discretionary thinking and actions
- Guiding the transformation to remarkable performance