Top Benefits of Multilingual Training Courses
It is not surprising the world has turned into a global village. Businesses/companies, whether big or small, are expanding their reach and are readily welcoming employees from diverse cultures who speak different languages. So to train such multilingual workforces and meet their unique demands, many organizations are taking a step ahead in creating multilingual online courses.
Although employee training courses set up in “English” (the universally accepted language) usually are considered sufficient, the impact of delivering the courses to your employees in their language is far more significant. After all, the better the training you provide to your employees, the better their contribution to your firm will be.
This is one aspect where multilingual courses are used to train employees in an organization. Another side of multilingual training comes into picture when you create a course for your online audience. When taking a leap toward e-learning, you need to understand you will have to tackle customers from various regions. In such a scenario, it is essential that you develop multilingual online courses to meet the demands of the diverse audience.
A multilingual online course is just your standard training course translated into different languages for the convenience of your workforce and customers hailing from different parts of the world. Let’s explore the key benefits of creating a multilingual training course and how it can help your business grow.
FOR YOUR WORKFORCE:
1. Boost confidence in employees: A significant part of your business success relies upon the coordination and performance of your workforce. Your employees must be trained to maintain a healthy workplace environment despite the multilingualism and also should be able to deal with a global audience. Imagine a workforce where employees fail to communicate with each other just because they are not confident about the language of their teammate. Language barriers in such cases, of course, can be detrimental to your firm’s success.
However, creating a multilingual online course for your employees will diminish these barriers and boost their confidence to work better. A study by Forbes Insights reveals that the confidence of the employees it surveyed improved by 51 percent after they had completed their language training.
2. Reduce employee turnover rate: Increasing employee turnover is probably a primary concern for every business. Turnover can be reduced to a great extent by imparting multilingual training to your workforce. A recent study by Rosetta Stonereports that language learning has reduced the turnover rate by 19 percent. The same report also proves that 80% percent of employees provided with language training by companies experienced a positive relationship with their employers, and 66 percent were found to be more engaged at work.
These statistics signify how providing multilingual training to your employees will add to their personal and professional growth. So when employees find their workplace comfortable and growth-oriented, they prefer working with an organization for longer.
FOR YOUR AUDIENCE/CUSTOMERS:
3. Broaden your business’ reach: Competition is tough! There may many courses similar to yours, but standing apart from the crowd is what will make you successful. One of the simplest ways to broaden your reach and spread your business is to translate your online course into multiple languages. According to a survey, 59 percent of organizations consider translating e-earning programs to be important.
Times have changed tremendously, and everything is available online these days, which eventually implies that your product/service will reach thousands of audiences from various regions. In such cases, a multilingual online course will diminish the language barrier and help you bring potential customers into your fold. Besides this, even if your business is not global and is recognized nationally, online courses that can be translated into different regional languages of your country will encourage more customers to opt for your course, and this, in turn, will be benefit your organization.
4. Ensures greater convenience for your customers: Customers are your assets, and their satisfaction or convenience is what will help your firm succeed. Translating your online course into many languages will ensure your multilingual audiences understand and relate to your content easily. Doubts, problems, or any such issue throughout the course duration will not be a matter of huge concern for customers when they can translate the course content into their native language with just the click of a button. This will help smooth their learning journey.
In today’s ever-changing business environment, creating multilingual online courses can help you stay ahead of the curve. A few key takeaways to keep in mind:
- Providing multilingual training to your workforce will boost their confidence to interact with an audience throughout the world, which eventually will lead your business to gain global recognition.
- Language training leads to employee engagement, which, in turn, increases your organization’s retention rates.
- Multilingual courses can improve customer satisfaction levels and help to attract new customers.
Kamy Anderson is an ed-tech enthusiast with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of corporate training and education. He is an expert in learning management system and e-learning authoring tools and currently is associated with ProProfs Training Maker.