Training Top 125 Best Practice: Alamo Pharma Services’ Sales District Manager Training & Development
Alamo Pharma Services, a subsidiary of the Mission Family of Companies, has a team of district sales managers who are accountable for helping their teams achieve and surpass their sales goals. Given their positions of influence and responsibility, the organization wants to equip these leaders with the tools and development they need to be successful. As such, Alamo Pharma Services developed a learning plan that provides the managers with a focus on what they do on the job. This includes skills such as business acumen, coaching, and inspiring.
Alamo Pharma Services’ Sales District Manager training programs prepare leaders with vision, values, and passion to make a difference and reach success within their organization. Training is three-phase process:
Phase 1 (first six months): Initial Training
- Situational Leadership: The Situational Leadership Model provides leaders with an understanding of the relationship between an effective style of leadership and the level of readiness followers exhibit for a specific task.
- Situational Leadership 5 Series Follow-Up Calls: Additional follow-up teleconferences for the district managers center around their sales reps who are having difficulty making changes in their behavior, and following through with coaching from their managers.
Phase 2 (six months out): Classroom Training
- Leadership Challenge class: This three-day course provides hands-on training for district managers to learn how to mobilize others to want to get extraordinary things done in the organization.
- Coaching Clinic: This is a two-day workshop in which leaders gain an in-depth understanding of the coaching process, develop crucial coaching skills and competencies, and practice coaching in actual work situations.
Phase 3 (two years out): Ongoing Training
- Webinars focusing on real-world scenarios
- Assigned projects with the leadership team
- Assigned mentor
Since the inception of the program, Mission Pharmacal has hired six district managers and three marketing managers from within.