Industry Insight: 5 Reasons for L&D Pros to Plug Into IMEX America 2017
SPONSORED BY IMEX AMERICA
IMEX America is the U.S.’ leading exhibition for the incentive travel, meetings, and events industry, so why would it interest you as a training pro?
Well, it turns out that L&D and HR professionals have a lot in common with the thousands of meeting planners, buyers, and exhibitors who travel from all over the U.S. and the world to participate in this major event every October in Las Vegas.
For example, you share their focus on making meetings, incentives, and knowledge sharing a more meaningful and memorable experience.
You, too, are on the lookout for great new venues and new technology to make your meetings more interactive and to manage participant data and relationships from booking to session feedback, speaker ratings, and beyond.
This year, IMEX also introduced a theme or talking point called “Purposeful Meetings,” which recognizes that both Learning and Development pros and meeting planners are under more pressure than ever to deliver events, training, and live development programs that are experiential, memorable, multisensory, and full of deep learning, insight, and, frequently, behavior change.
On top of all this learning power, the IMEX America exhibition and educations sessions are free.
Sound interesting? Carina Bauer, CEO of the IMEX Group, welcomes you to join, noting, “IMEX America provides a power-packed and economical way to spark new ideas, network with people in your ‘tribe,’ and take home best practices.”
Digging into more detail, Carina offers five reasons to pack your bags for IMEX America 2017 at the Sands Expo® and The Venetian®/The Palazzo®, Las Vegas from October 10-12, 2017:
- It’s a one-stop shop for leading U.S. and global venues. Whether you’re interested in hosting your next happening in Arizona or Asia, at a leading hotel or boutique property, in a well-loved city or emerging destination, IMEX America has more than 3,200 exhibitors with venues to suit every L&D event.
- Learn for free about topics you care about. IMEX America and IMEX America’s Smart Monday powered by MPI on October 9 offer daily keynotes and 180-plus learning sessions on key topics such as increasing engagement, design developments, creativity, and trends in formats and content management.
- See tailored tech. A strong range of leaders and start-ups in technologies such as audience polling, new presenter and presentation tools, registration and attendee data analysis is there. Show organizers also provide guided tours of Event Tech on the show floor.
- Motivation and incentives, wellness, and CSR are here. Keeping your best team members happy, healthy, and engaged is a big part of IMEX America. Find education sessions and hands-on activities around sustainability and CSR, too, as well as unique concepts such as the IMEX Be Well Lounge and the IMEX Playroom, run by Play with a Purpose. In short, you’ll get loads of new ideas to bring back to the ranch.
- Stretch team education and business development budgets. Other members of your team can take part for free. This helps stretch education dollars by racking up free clock hours, with approximately 70% of all show education accredited.
For more (and searchable) information on IMEX America’s education programs and exhibitors, and to register (remember, there’s no charge), visit www.imexamerica.com.