Partnerships & Alliances - Nov/Dec 2014
- Skillsoft Corporation entered into a definitive agreement for the acquisition of SumTotal Systems, LLC, from affiliates of Vista Equity Partners, a U.S.-based private equity firm.
- Cornerstone OnDemand signed a definitive agreement to acquire big data company Evolv Inc. Cornerstone OnDemand also announced that hospitality brand Hyatt and French vehicle manufacturer PSA Peugeot Citroën now are using Cornerstone’s unified, cloud-based talent management software.
- Festo Didactic, the technical education division of the Festo Group, acquired U.S.-Canadian company Lab-Volt, a specialist for equipment and solutions in the technical training and continuing education sectors, focusing on electronics, electrical and mechanical engineering, and telecommunications industries.
- Rise Performance Group partnered with cloud-based business process outsourcing provider OneSource Virtual to implement a customized leadership development program.
- Sikorsky Aircraft selected Heartwood, Inc., to develop custom 3-D interactive virtual training courseware for use in maintenance training of the UH-60M and UH-60L Black Hawk helicopters.
- PeopleFluent, a social human capital management technology company, formed a partnership with Thomson Reuters, a source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, to expand PeopleFluent’s Workforce Compliance & Diversity solutions with comprehensive libraries of HR compliance and diversity e-learning courseware.
- Jones/NCTI partnered with TV, Internet, and phone service provider Armstrong to develop a collection of advanced learning tools for Armstrong’s front-line technicians.