Product & Services - Sept/Oct 2014
- Scitent, Inc., a full-service e-learning company focused on creating online education programs for nonprofits, corporations, membership organizations, and health-care organizations, released its new, proprietary learning management system (LMS), SCIDEA. The SCORM compliant e-learning platform supports blended learning, certification, and continuing education (CE) credit management.
- AppointmentPlus, a provider of online and mobile scheduling solutions, launched Academy.AppointmentPlus.com, a free online community featuring training courses, discussion groups, and a lecture series. The Academy aims to connect people from diverse backgrounds and provide a forum to discuss scheduling best practices and solutions.
- Interact is new software that provides on-the-job skills training, assesses workforce competencies, and measures training programs. Employees have access to their performance videos and annotated comments by their trainers and management. Interact can manage documents and share data and information with employees.
- Jones/NCTI tackles safety, real-time problem solving, learning on the job, and other top opportunities to educate field techs with Amp, a new mobile field performance tool. Amp provides just-in-time knowledge and push notifications to front-line field teams. The company also launched its new Amp online destination, www.jonesnctiamp.com, where training professionals can learn more about just-in-time knowledge and uses for the application.
- IBM announced new cloud-based software and a new Talent and Change consulting practice to enable organizations to use analytics and behavioral science to identify top talent, deepen employee engagement, and manage transformational change to provide differentiated client experiences. The cloud-based offerings include IBM Kenexa Predictive Hiring, IBM Kenexa Workforce Readiness, and IBM Kenexa Predictive Retention.