Sticky Notes: The Human Touch
Become a master at human relations:
- Approach every relationship by staying focused on what you have to offer the other person, rather than what you might want or need.
- Be a model of trust. Take personal responsibility for everything you say and do, hold yourself accountable, and apologize for and make every effort to fix your mistakes.
- Remove your ego. Extend personal vulnerability, but don’t undermine your own credibility.
- Listen carefully. Never interrupt when others are speaking and stay focused on what the other person is saying.
- Empathize. Try to imagine yourself in the other person’s position.
- Exhibit respect and kindness. Take courtesy the extra mile.
- Speak up and make yourself understood. Take an extra moment to think about the most effective words and actions to get your message across.
- Be a motivator. Visualize positive results. Be enthusiastic and share your positive vision.
- Celebrate the success of others. Go out of your way to catch people doing things right.