Tech Talk (Sept./Oct. 2018)
- Tobii Pro, a global leader in eyetracking research solutions, unveiled a new analytical tool, Tobii Pro VR Analytics, that allows eye-tracking studies to be conducted within 3-D virtual reality (VR) environments.
- To meet increasing demand for virtual reality (VR) projects, SweetRush developed an in-house tour builder, Scene Studio, which accelerates the process of managing and interconnecting different 360° images or videos, enabling the creation of virtual tours in a shorter time frame.
- The Harvard Innovation Labincubated Expercoin protocol is launching a network of decentralized skill-based economies that leverage the blockchain to support upskilling, assessments, mentorships, and peerto- peer financial aid. Anyone can launch an Expercoin Republic to bring together education in its various forms (courses, assessments, and mentorship) with hands-on work opportunities (internships, gigs, and jobs).
- Atos, a global leader in digital transformation, launched its new Codex AI software suite, which leverages machine learning and deep learning capabilities.
- Trenario launched an AI-based platform for corporate training, where all trainers are humanlike virtual characters. The platform also can identify knowledge gaps and offer users additional and more focused talks with the characters.