Top 10 Tips to Get Your Workplace Tech Ready
None of us have any idea how we’ll be working come 2030. But we can make sure we’re equipped with the technology to best handle the changes in the coming decade. With that in mind, Condeco Software created a list of 10 top tips to get your workplace tech ready:
1. Optimize and refine. It’s natural to want to branch out with bigger work space, but occupancy-sensing software can help you better manage your office space.
2. Say hi (properly) to AI. Artificial intelligence has the potential to go beyond chatbots and uncover internal information about your business’ workflows and efficiency.
3. Take agile to the next level. Apps and mobile integration are a must for your workplace technology as you further enable a fully agile business.
4. Make meetings magic. Meeting room software is a key piece of workplace technology that can ensure the right meetings/ trainings take place at the right time with the right equipment.
5. Think smart buildings for smart business. The Internet of Things (IoT) encompasses all manner of innovations that can make your workplace more efficient and create more enjoyable places to work.
6. BYOD! With more Millennials and Gen Zers in the workforce, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is here to stay—and you’ll need to find ways of accommodating it in your business without compromising data security.
7. Make hot-desking hotter. The checking-in experience should be integrated into a single front-of-house kiosk where you can check in digitally, get directions to a desk, easily find colleagues, and get to work.
8. Gamify to engage. By introducing incentives and rewards for hitting targets or completing certain actions, you can give employees something clearer to work toward and allow them to share in your business’ success.
9. Simplify in the cloud. The cloud offers huge opportunities to either integrate workplace tools or adopt newer, more multifunctional ones.
10. At your service, as-a-service. Pretty much anything can be run as-a-service now, with all the benefits of reduced hardware costs and quick set-up times. So it’s worth reviewing everything you don’t currently run that way and making changes to streamline your workplace technology.