Training on the Move
Deskless workers—a.k.a., front-line employees such as nurses, salespeople, construction workers, and truck drivers—are on their feet or on the move throughout the workday. Such employees make up 80 percent of the global workforce. TalentCards surveyed 600 deskless employees from the U.S., UK, Canada, and Australia and found that:
- 1 out of 3 deskless workers forget most of their training just 30 days after completing it.
- 59% receive the majority of their training online.
- 26% of respondents reported their preferred device for training is a tablet or smartphone. When responses were filtered based on age group, that number increased for younger adults. And yet only 6% of respondents reported they received the majority of their training via a mobile device.
- 56% believe additional training will improve their chances of surviving in a job market that is constantly changing due to advancements in technology.
- 63% said that access to additional training would help them feel more connected to their organization’s values and mission.
- 64% of front-line workers wouldn’t switch to a desk job.
To see the full survey, visit: https://www.talentcards.com/desklessworkers-training