Nominate a 2020 Emerging Training Leader Today!
Training magazine is pleased to offer the 2020 Emerging Training Leaders (ETL) awards program. The Emerging Training Leaders awards program aims to recognize training professionals who are relatively new to the training/learning and development industry (minimum of two years and maximum of 10 years in the field) and who have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills, business savvy, and training instincts.
To view a quick video about the program, visit: https://trainingmag.com/emerging-training-leaders/emerging-training-leaders-awards-program/
Criteria for the Emerging Training Leaders awards nominations include:
- No self-nominations; nominations must come from managers, co-workers, peers/colleagues—each company can nominate ONLY 2 candidates
- Candidate must be in the training industry for a minimum of two years but no more than 10 years
- Candidate took on at least one new responsibility in the last year
- Candidate successfully led a large-scale training/learning and development initiative within the last year that required management/leadership of a group of people and resulted in the achievement of a corporate strategic goal
- Candidate demonstrates specific leadership and business acumen skills
- Candidate has the potential to lead the Training or Learning & Development function at an organization in the next one to 10 years
Each nomination can achieve a maximum of 45 points as follows:
1. Number and scope of new and current responsibilities and their importance to the business (6 points)
2. Training initiative (20 points total):
- Level of potential business impact (i.e., revenue generation, new product launch, change initiative, new technology launch): 0-3 points
- Level of difficulty of challenges faced: 0-2 points
- Project scope (companywide, individual functions, global vs. national, etc.): 0-3 points
- Corporate strategic goal the program aimed to help achieve: 0-2 points
- Instructional design (learning objectives linked to business outcomes; level of leadership involved in design, development, and facilitation; reinforcement): 0-3 points
- Innovation of training: 0-3 points
- Business outcomes achieved/expectations met: 0-4 points
3. Leadership/business skills utilized (up to 1 point for quality of each example; plus 3 points for Level 3 and 4 results for each section for a total of 14 points)
4. Readiness to lead the T&D function (2 points for timing and 3 point for reason(s) why; for a total of 5 points)
Training’s Top 10 Hall of Famers and other Editorial Advisory Board members and I will judge the nominations in July and August 2020. Winners and their nominators will be notified in September 2020. Winners will be featured in the January/February 2021 print issue of Training magazine. By submitting a nomination for the Emerging Training Leaders awards program, you give Training magazine permission to publish any information not marked NFP (Not For Publication) in a profile of the nominee that would appear in the January/February 2021 issue. An awards ceremony will be held February 23, 2021, at the Training 2021 Conference & Expo at Disney World’s Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, FL. The winners earning the top 5 highest scores will receive a free registration to the 2021 Training Conference. The other winners will receive a discount for the conference. All nominators of 2020 winners will also receive a discount for the conference.
To read about the 2019 Emerging Training Leader winners, please visit:
Please download the 2020 nomination form listed as an attachment below, complete it, and e-mail it to Lorri Freifeld at: email@example.com by June 19, 2020. ENTRIES WILL BE JUDGED SOLELY ON THE NOMINATION FORM; PLEASE DO NOT SEND SUPPORTING MATERIALS. Please e-mail Lorri Freifeld at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.