Excelsior, MN (February 14, 2023)—2023 marks the 23rd year Training magazine has recognized organizations that provide best-in-class employee training and development. At the top of the 2023 Training APEX Awards rankings is The Haskell Company (#1), followed by Transworld Systems Incorporated (#2); Rosendin (#3); State Compensation Insurance Fund (#4); and Paychex, Inc. (#5).
Training magazine recognized the 2023 Training APEX Awards winners with crystal awards and revealed their rankings during the Training APEX Awards I Heart Training Gala held last night during the Training 2023 Conference & Expo at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, FL. The black-tie gala was sponsored by Adobe, Awarding You, Brainier, Brella, Seiko, Training Orchestra, and the Training Hall of Fame. Adobe, Awarding You, Brainier, Brella, and Training Orchestra provided special giveaways, including a Meta VR headset, gift cards, and a donation to the winner’s charity of choice. Brella managed the entire event production. And Seiko served as the official timekeeper of the event and provided keepsake watches and a commemorative clock for the #1 winner.
Birmingham Water Works Board (BWW) was inducted into the Training Hall of Fame after earning a Top 10 ranking for four consecutive years. The Training Hall of Fame now numbers 18 companies.
During the Gala, Training also recognized innovative and successful learning and development programs and practices utilized by some of the Training APEX Awards winners. Best Practice and Outstanding Training Initiative award winners received crystal trophies. They are (in alphabetical order):
Best Practice Award Winners
- AAA Northeast for the GROW Coaching Program
- Edward Jones for JonesSpark
- The Haskell Company for Haskell Field Focused Safety-Based Training
- HD Supply for GREAT Customer Experience Training
- Long & Foster Real Estate for LAUNCH Sales Training
Outstanding Training Initiative Award Winners
- Ascend Federal Credit Union for the Financial Counseling Certification Program
- ESL Federal Credit Union for Zelle Overview
- Transworld Systems Incorporated for Brilliant in the Basics
- Veeam for Product Launch Enablement
- WellSpan Health for the Inclusion Champion Program
The Training APEX Awards is the only awards program that ranks companies unsurpassed in harnessing human capital. The Training APEX Awards ranking is determined by assessing a range of qualitative and quantitative factors, including financial investment in employee development, the scope of development programs, how closely such development efforts are linked to business goals and objectives, and their effectiveness in terms of behavior change and business impact.
Companies that wish to be considered for Training APEX Awards ranking complete a detailed application, which is scored both quantitatively (73 points) by an outside research and statistical data company and qualitatively (53 points) by Training magazine’s editor/publisher and Training Hall of Fame representatives.
“The 2023 Training APEX Awards winners elevated their ability to consistently and agilely deliver stellar employee training and development in an ever-changing world,” said Lorri Freifeld, editor/publisher of Trainingmagazine. “We salute their continuing training inspiration, perspiration, and dedication.”
Some overall statistics from the quantitative analysis of the winning 2023 Training APEX Awards applications include:
- Some 29 new companies broke into the Training APEX Awards ranking this year.
- The majority of the winners are in the finance/banking and health/medical services industries.
- The mean revenue for winners was $7.7 billion U.S. and $5 billion worldwide. Representing 5.8 percent of payroll, the mean training budget was $20 million.
- The mean number of employees trained was 21,041. Winners had a mean of 80 full-time trainers and 71 part-time trainers. Organizations had a mean ratio of 160 employees per trainer. Technology infrastructure included: a learning management system (99 percent), talent management system (90 percent), and workforce management system and employee support system (both at 91 percent).
- Nearly 84 percent offered a tuition reimbursement program. A mean of 5 percent of eligible employees made use of tuition reimbursement programs in the last year. Median spend on tuition reimbursement programs was $153,846.
- All of the winners used employee satisfaction surveys, while 98 percent used competency maps. Some 71 percent tied managers’ compensation directly to the development of their direct reports.
- In terms of measuring training effectiveness, 89 percent of applicants utilized Return on Value; 86 percent used Return on Investment; 71 percent utilized Balanced Scorecard; and 66 percent used Six Sigma. Usage of the Kirkpatrick model was as follows: Level 1—100 percent; Level 2—98 percent; Level 3—96 percent; and Level 4—94 percent.
For a profile of each of the companies ranking in the Top 5 of the 2023 Training APEX Awards, additional information about the training efforts of all 105 companies, and details on the programs receiving Best Practice and Outstanding Training Initiative awards, see the March 2023 issue. The digital edition can be found online later this week at http://www.trainingmag.com.
Click here to order a copy of the issue or Training APEX Awards merchandise.
2023 Training APEX Awards Winners
- The Haskell Company
- Transworld Systems Incorporated
- State Compensation Insurance Fund
- Paychex, Inc.
- Medical Solutions
- ESL Federal Credit Union
- Applied Materials, Inc.
- AAA Northeast
- Ascend Federal Credit Union
- HD Supply
- Long & Foster Real Estate
- Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU)
- Edward Jones
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
- WellSpan Health
- PPD, Part of Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Southern New Hampshire University
- Bass & Associates, P.C.
- Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- CBE Companies, Inc.
- Core & Main
- FORVIS, LLP
- One Nevada Credit Union
- Signature Consultants, a DISYS company
- Pilot Company
- Bell and Howell
- VyStar Credit Union
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Two Men and a Truck
- Mariner Finance LLC
- Huntington Bank
- Guardian Life Insurance
- Ferguson Enterprises
- Walden Security
- Pacific Gas & Electric
- BankWest, Inc.
- Gilbane Building Company
- CVS Health
- Cardinal Health
- Apple Federal Credit Union
- England Logistics
- CNO Financial Group
- Arizona Public Service
- HMTX Industries
- Navy Army Community Credit Union
- Western and Southern Financial Group
- Sundt Construction
- Allied Universal
- PPL Electric Utilities
- Zensar Technologies Ltd
- Spectrum Enterprise
- Penn Station East Coast Subs
- Williams & Fudge, Inc.
- Fisher Investments
- Mohawk Industries, Inc.
- Microchip Technology Inc
- Uber Freight
- Coast Professional, Inc.
- HGS Inc., USA
- University of New Mexico Hospital
- Premise Health
- Trane Technologies
- Panda Restaurant Group
- Compass One Healthcare
- The University of Texas MD Anderson
- Collaborative Solutions, LLC
- Bronson Healthcare
- Hackensack Meridian Health
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Limbach Holdings, Inc.
- Hayes Locums
- Infosys Ltd
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc.
- Azalea Health
- Persistent Systems Ltd.
- Argo Group
- O’Shea Builders
- Collective Health
- Kimball Midwest
- LaSalle Network
- CCA Global Partners
- Mike’s Carwash
- PPS Insurance Company Ltd
- BlueSprig Pediatrics
- Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration
- Fractal Analytics Pvt. Ltd
- Thermo Fisher Scientific – Research, Safety, and Emerging Markets North America Sales
- Kraft Heinz
- Prime Power Services, Inc.
- Marine Corps Community Services – Miramar
- Aptive Environmental
- Unite Us
- Kin + Carta
- Intact Financial Corporation
About Training magazine
Training magazine is the leading business publication for learning and development and HR professionals. It has been the ultimate resource for innovative learning and development—in print, in person, and online—over the last 55-plus years. Training magazine and Training magazine Events are produced by Lakewood Media Group. For more information about the 2023 Training Conference & Expo, please visit: www.trainingconference.com.