Research by the Temkin Group has uncovered several best practices for building employee engagement. The firm calls them the Five I’s of Employee Engagement:
- Inform: Provide employees the information they need to understand the organization’s vision and brand values, along with how customers feel about the organization.
- Inspire: Connect employees to the organization’s vision and values so they believe those matter and they take pride in their job and the organization.
- Instruct: Support employees with the training, coaching, and feedback they need to successfully deliver the organization’s brand promises to customers.
- Involve: Take action with employees when designing their jobs, improving work processes, and solving problems identified through customer or employee feedback.
- Incent: Deploy appropriate systems to measure, reward, and reinforce desired employee behaviors and motivate employees to give their best.
For more information, visit