Sonic Foundry/HR and CIO Dive Brand Studio conducted a national survey of 100 Human Resources and business decision-makers about perceptions of video as a training tool. Highlights from the findings include:
- 35% of respondents using video and 33% of those planning to within the next year said the top reason for implementing video training was geographically dispersed employees unable to attend in-person sessions.
- Only 1.6% of respondents using video for training said the decision to adopt it came from a leadership directive.
- Nearly 90% of respondents did not rank cost-effectiveness as their top priority in developing a video training program.
- Of those with no plans to use video in the next year, only 2.7% said the reason was that their trainers were resistant to being on camera.
- 4 out of 10 respondents not planning to use video indicated they don’t think video is as effective as in-person training.
To see the full survey results, visit: www.mediasite.com/whitepapers/5-myths-about-the-power-of-video-training/